DUNE BUGGY SNORKEL AND BEACH
Jump in a modified dune buggy for a scenic coastal drive around picturesque Cozumel island, stopping to snorkel in an underwater national park and enjoying a break at Explora Beach. This unforgettable tour is certified by Sustainable Travel International, a global nonprofit with stringent environmental standards, ensuring your adventure onshore is eco-friendly. Feel the wind […]
Jump in a modified dune buggy for a scenic coastal drive around picturesque Cozumel island, stopping to snorkel in an underwater national park and enjoying a break at Explora Beach. This unforgettable tour is certified by Sustainable Travel International, a global nonprofit with stringent environmental standards, ensuring your adventure onshore is eco-friendly. Feel the wind in your hair and the warm Caribbean sun on your skin as you make your way to your first stop, which is a snorkeling site inside the Underwater National Park of Cozumel. This protected area is an ecological reserve where you’ll find an amazing array of vibrant sea life and crystal-clear water. After an hour of snorkeling, climb back in your buggy and drive to the lush, picturesque eastern shore. There at Explora Beach, you can relax or play on gorgeous white sands before making your way back to the pier.
On the rare occasion when winds are not favorable for snorkeling a ‘Plan B’ will be put in to place for this tour. The plan will allow extra time for guests at the beach followed by a visit to Pueblo del Maiz, an interactive pre-Hispanic park that combines art movement theater, culture, music, dance, and the ingredients of the ancestral heritage of the Mayan culture. A truly enriching experience.
• Tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• Dune buggy accommodates 4 guests each. Guests wishing to have the dune buggy exclusively must purchase all 4 seats in the vehicle.
• Minimum age to snorkel is 5 years.
• Must be at least 21 years old to drive and must present a valid driver’s license to drive.
• Guests walk to the car park where the dune buggies await your arrival, approximately 3 blocks distance.
• Snorkeling portion of the tour is prohibited for guests with asthma and cardiac problems, including past heart attacks.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Pregnant women and guests with heart or respiratory conditions or back/neck injuries are not allowed to participate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves, and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• A back-up ‘Plan B’ is in place for this tour should conditions force the cancellation of the snorkeling portion of this tour.
• The National Marine Park of Cozumel forbids the use of chemical sun protection if entering the water. Only UV protective clothing (rash guard) or biodegradable sun protection are permitted in an effort to protect our oceans.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bathing suit
- Bio sun screen
- Comfortable sandals
- Money for tips and souvenirs
ARE YOU FEELING THE ADVENTUROUS?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS